Schiller Park Village Board votes on hiring of part-time paramedic
Schiller Park Village Board met March 2.
PRESIDENT CLERK TRUSTEES TRUSTEES BARBARA. J. PILTAVER CLAUDIAL. IRSUTO LAWRENCE FRITZ CATHERINE GORZYNSKI
RICHARD W. DESECK MOSES DAZ RUSSELL KLUG ROBERT LIMA
VILLAGE OF SCHILLER PARK
5 MAYA NEXT ORDINANCE NO.17-3093 9526 WEST WING PARK ROAD
NEXT RESOLUTION NO. 05-17 SCHILLER PARK, ILLINOIS 60176-1984
TELEPHONE 847 678-2550
FAX 847 671-3564
IN ACCORD WITH THE APPLICABLE STATUTES OF THE STATE OF ILLINOIS AND ORDINANCES OF THE VILLAGE OF SCHILLER PARK, A NOTICE IS GIVEN HEREBY THAT THE REGULARLY SCHEDULED BOARD MEETING OF THE PRESIDENT AND BOARD OF TRUSTEES, WILL BE HELD ON THURSDAY, MARCH 2, 2017, AT THE HOUR OF 7:00 P.M., IN THE BOARD ROOM OF THE VILLAGE HALL. 9526 W. IRVING PARK ROAD, SCHILLER PARK, ILLINOIS, DURING WHICH MEETING IT IS ANTICIPATED THAT THERE WILL BE A DISCUSSION OF AND, IF DETERMINED, ACTION UPON THE FOLLOWING:
I. CALL TO ORDER:
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
III. ROLL CALL: President B. Piltaver
Trustee R. Klug Trustee R. Desecki
Trustee R. Lima Trustee C. Gorzynski
Trustee M. Diaz Trustee L. Fritz
Village Clerk C. Irsuto
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
Regular Board Meeting of February 16, 2017
W. PERSONS WISHING TO BE HEARD:
VI. PRESENTATION ON G.I.S. PROGRESS AND 5-YEAR PLAN BY SEAN MURPHY AND ALISSA PUMP OF MGP
VII. CONSENT AGENDA FOR CONSIDERATION AND ACTION:
A. Acknowledgement of receipt, and authorization to place on file the following:
1. Report from the Fire Department for the month of January 2017.
VIII. COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE DISCUSSION ITEMS:
1. Series 2002C G.O. SSA Bonds - proposed Ordinance on early redemption for cost Savings
2. HVS - proposed sports facility market analysis, Community Development Dept. reviewed L & R Group - proposed license agreement with Wally Park for parking on Scott Street Chicagoland Paving-proposed final payment for work on FYE 2017 Street Program Hoving or TKG-proposed agreement for street sweeping services Rosborough - proposed agreement weed control and landscaping Services Leyden Family Service-proposed additional payment due to State budget impasse. Verizon-proposed combination cellphone agreement to streamline operations and save S
9. Fire Department-proposed hiring of part-time paramedic Hughes due to a resignation
10. GIS Planametrics and 5-Year Plan - presentation by MGP on status of project and planning
11. Mikoda Development - prelim proposal for residential subdivision at Scott St. Irving Park Rd. 1
2. Flolo - proposed payment for replacement and repairs to Pump #2 at Irving Park Road Viaduct
13. H & H Electric - proposed final payment for work on the Lawrence Ave. Pedestrian Crossing
14. Executive Session - Workers Compensation Settlement
15. In Committees:
a. Administration/Finance Committee (1.) Parking LotDeck and hotel, gas audits; (2.) budget to actual report; (3.) procurement policy revisions; (4) Investment advisor; (5.) Records, Village Clerk b. Community Development Committee - (1.) CP/CN Rail Yard redevelopment; (2) West Gateway develop; (3.) Municipal campus space, architect; (4.) Records, Village Clerk c. License Committee - (1.) Gaming Parlor License Limiting Ordinance d. Public Safety Committee - (1.) 9-1-1 Consolidated Dispatch e. Public Works Committee - (1) Floodplain Map; (2.) Intergov. Viaducts repair f. Recreation Committee
16. Village Engineer Comments
17. Village Manager's Report - Budget schedule
18. Department Head Comments
19. Elected Official Comments
IX. COMMITTEE REPORTS FOR CONSIDERATION AND ACTION:
A. PUBLIC SAFETY (Police, Fire Emergency Management, 911 and EMS)
Chr. Diaz, Gorzynski, Piltaver:
Motion to approve the hiring of Gerald Hughes to be part-time paramedic due to recent resignation.
RECREATION (Parks, Special Events, Senior Services, Library) Chr. Klug.
Motion to approve an Agreement with Rosborough for weed control and landscaping services in an amount not to exceed $22,390.00 annually.
LICENSE (Business, Liquor, Ordinances, Utilities, and General Permits) Chr. Fritz, Diaz, Gorzynski
PUBLIC WORKS (Streets, Water, Storm Water, Engineering, Fleet/Building
Maintenance) Chr. DeSecki, Fritz, Klug.
1. Motion to approve final payment of $14,359.90 to Chicagoland Paving for work performed on the 2017 Street Improvement Program. (MFT #1700000-00-GM)
2. Motion to approve an Agreement with (TKG or Hoving) for Street Sweeping Services in the amount of $44,160.00 TKG or $45,867.84 Hoving) with the option of an extra full sweep in the amount of ($2,640.00 TKG or $2,400.00 Hoving)
3. Motion to authorize payment in the amount of $5,852.00 to Flolo for replacement of and repair to Pump #2 at the Irving Park Road Viaduct.
4. Motion to approve final payment to H & H Electric for work on the Lawrence Avenue Pedestrian Crossing in the amount of $66,636.77.
E. ADMINISTRATION/FINANCE (Human Resources, Insurance, Bills, Legal)
Chr. Lima, Desecki. Diaz:
1. Motion to approve the current List of Bills in the amount of $735,891.12.
2. Motion to approve an additional payment of $5,000.00 from the Video Gaming Fund to Leyden Family Service due to the State of Illinois Budget Impasse.
3. Motion to approve an Agreement with Verizon to combine cellular telephone service as a way to streamline operations and reduce costs.
4. Motion to approve a settlement of Workers Compensation Case in the amount of $54,000.00 for a Firefighter/Paramedic.
5. Motion to Repeal Ordinance #17-3092 Adopted February 16, 2017.
6. Later on the agenda is an Ordinance authorizing the early redemption of Series
2002C G.O. Bonds.
F. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT (Planning, Zoning, Health, Building, Environment, and Transportation) Chr. Gorzynski, Fritz, Piltaver:
1. Motion to keep on the Table an Agreement with HVS to perform a Sports Facility Market Analysis in an amount of $24,800.00 with $12,400.00 of that amount is to be paid as a Retainer, plus expenses, and authorize the Village Manager to execute the Agreement.
2. Motion to remove from the Table a License Agreement with L & R Group (Wally Park O'Hare) for 60 customer parking spaces on Scott Street at S1.200.00 per month.
3. Motion to approve a License Agreement with L & R Group (Wally Park O'Hare) for 60 customer parking spaces on Scott Street at $1,200.00 per
month provided that L & R Group complies with specified terms of the Agreement.
X. REPORT OF THE MAYOR FOR CONSIDERATION AND ACTION:
C. Other Matters:
An Ordinance Adopting the Amended Escrow Agreement for the Series 2002C G.O. Bonds to Authorize the Early Redemption of and Defeasance of Outstanding
XII. OTHER BUSINESS:
Citizens Wishing to be Heard
XII. EXECUTIVE SESSION:
A. Employment Matters (Sec. 2-C-1) B. Collective Bargaining (Sec. 2-C-2) C. Pending Litigation (Sec. 2-C-11) D. Executive Session Minutes (Sec. 2-C-21) E. Property Acquisition (Sec. 2-C-5)
Organizations in this Story
9526 West Irving Park Road
Schiller Park, IL 60176