Village of Cherry Valley Recreation Board met May 1
Village of Cherry Valley Recreation Board met May 1.
Here is the minutes provided by the board:
Chairman Scott Kramer called the meeting to order at 7:11 PM. A Roll Call was taken by Deputy Clerk, Heather Riley:
MEMBERS: DINA BRANDT PRESENT DAN JAROCKI PRESENT
JILL WEDIG PRESENT JUDY PRISBY PRESENT
NATALIE SCIBONA PRESENT SCOTT KRAMER PRESENT
Others Present: Village President Jim E. Claeyssen, Trustee David Schroeder, and Deputy Clerk Heather Riley
ADOPT THE AGENDA: Scott Kramer moved to adopt the agenda. Dan Jarocki seconded. Motion carried by voice vote.
APPROVE THE MINUTES: Scott Kramer moved to approve the minutes from the April 3, 2019 meeting. Dan Jarocki seconded. Motion carried by voice vote.
EX-OFFICIO’S REPORT: David Schroeder. No Report. PUBLIC COMMENT: None.
1. Easter Candy Scramble (April 20,2019) – Great turn out and beautiful weather.
Natalie Scibona returned $85.17 left over from the event. Deputy Clerk Heather Riley will mail the Laye’s a thank you card with a $30.00 gift card to the Cherry Valley Café on behalf of the recreation board.
2. Movie Night (June 15,2019) – Movie will begin at sundown which is typically after 8:30 PM. Set up will begin at 7:45PM Scott Kramer will set up the sound system. Jill Wedig contacted SVL for the screen donation. Dan Jarocki will run the popcorn machine and have it set up in the granary, he will also purchase the water that will be for sale during the movie.
3. Garden Walk (June 23, 2019) – Jill Wedig will send Scott Kramer the houses that are participating so that he can begin creating the map for the event.
4. Street Dance (July 27, 2019) – The committee discussed the different options for large item prizes to draw in a large crowd for the Street Dance. Jill Wedig is going to get prices for a gas grill and for and fire pit from Mernard’s and will email the committee with what she finds.
5. Citizen of the Year - The Recreation Committee reviewed the five Citizen of the Year nomination letters and submitted their recommendation to the Village Board.
1. Canceled Spring Fishing – Scott Kramer will make a post of the Recreation
Boards Facebook page announcing the cancelation.
2. T-Shirts – Jill Wedig brought in a shirt that she made to show the committee as an example that said Cherry Valley. Jill Wedig stated that if any member was interested, if you purchase your own T-Shirt, she will make everyone a shirt that says “Cherry Valley recreation Board”. She stated that she purchased her shirt from JoAnn Fabrics for $2.50. The committee consensus was to bring shirts to Jill for her to make so they can wear them at all upcoming Rec Board events.
ADJOURNMENT: Scott Kramer entertained a motion to adjourn at 8:06 PM. Natalie Scibona seconded. Motion carried by voice vote.
The recreation board would like to thank Natalie Scibona for 20 years of service on the on the committee.