Village of Cherry Valley Recreation Board met Oct. 2.
Here is the minutes provided by the board:
Chairman Scott Kramer called the meeting to order at 7:09 PM. A Roll Call was taken by Deputy Clerk, Heather Riley:
MEMBERS: DINA BRANDT PRESENT JUDY PRISBY PRESENT
JILL WEDIG PRESENT SCOTT KRAMER PRESENT
DAN JAROCKI PRESENT
Others Present: Village President Jim E. Claeyssen, Trustee David Schroeder, and Deputy Clerk Heather Riley
ADOPT THE AGENDA: Scott Kramer moved to adopt the agenda. Dan Jarocki seconded.
Motion carried by voice vote.
APPROVE THE MINUTES: Scott Kramer moved to approve the minutes from the September 4, 2019 Meeting. Dina Brandt seconded. Motion carried by voice vote.
EX-OFFICIO’S REPORT: David Schroeder. No Report.
PUBLIC COMMENT: None.
1. Fall Fishing – The committee is holding this item till the November 6, 2019
Recreation Board meeting so that Mike Munger who runs the fishing events can give his comments and concerns regarding the event.
2. Halloween Parade – Jill Wedig reached out to Suzanne who is a manager at Schnucks and was told that Schnucks will either donate a $75.00 gift card that can go towards buying candy for the Halloween event or that Schnucks will donate “x” amount of candy for the Halloween event and for Jill to reach out to her in a few days since she was on her way out of the store at the time. Scott Kramer will contact Rafael’s rental and confirm the price for the tent and inform them that the tent needs to be set up by noon on October 26, 2019. Dina Brandt will need $400 of the budgeted amount in cash for gift cards, prizes, and candy. Jill will order 16 dozen cookies and six pounds of icing in various Halloween colors. The committee plan on arriving early to decorate the barn the day of the event.
3. Scarecrow Update – Scott Kramer and Jill Wedig will set up the grinch scarecrow on Friday October 4, 2019 pending the weather.
1. Santa Event – Santa is coming to the Village on December 1, 2019 this year.
Village President Jim E. Claeyssen stated that he will confirm with Trustee O’Hara if he will be Santa for this year’s Santa Event. Village President Claeyssen will also confirm if Becky O’Hara will be Mrs. Claus or if they need to find a replacement. Scott Kramer moved to request $550.00 for the Santa Claus Event. Dan Jarocki seconded. Motion carried by voice vote.
2. Updated Event Cards – President Jim Claeyssen will contact Cherry Bowl to confirm that January 25, 2020 is available. Judy Prisby will contact GAR – South to confirm that January 19, 2020 will be available to rent. Jill Wedig will contact the Rockford Park District to see what day is available for the committee to host Skate Night. Judy Prisby will ask Sparky if the Cherry Valley Men’s Club will be sponsoring Bounce Night and Skate Night again, as they have in the past.
3. Band Submitted for 2020 Street Dance – The Real Deal submitted a demo package to Village Hall for the Recreation Committee to consider them for the 2020 Street Dance. The Committee is going to listen to the bands demo and will bring this item back to the November 6, 2019 meeting after having a chance to listen to the band.
ADJOURNMENT: Scott Kramer entertained a motion to adjourn at 7:58 PM. Judy Prisby seconded. Motion carried by voice vote.