Village of Cherry Valley Committee of the Whole met Nov. 12.
Here is the minutes provided by the committee:
Village President Jim E. Claeyssen called the Committee of the Whole Meeting to order at 7:00 PM.
Roll call was taken by Deputy Village Clerk Heather Riley:
NANCY BELT PRESENT JEFF O’HARA PRESENT
JEFF FUSTIN PRESENT DAVID SCHROEDER PRESENT
SALLY HOLLEMBEAK PRESENT JIM CLAEYSSEN PRESENT
Also present: Public Works Director Chuck Freeman, Village Treasurer Maureen Gumowski, Attorney Doug Henry, and Deputy Village Clerk Heather Riley.
ADOPT THE AGENDA:
Trustee Hollembeak moved to approve the agenda with the following correction: • Under Finance Unfinished Business it should read June 30, 2020 not 2021.
Trustee O’Hara seconded. All “Aye;” none opposed. Motion carried by voice vote.
APPROVE THE COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE MINUTES – October 28, 2019
Trustee O’Hara moved to approve the October 28, 2019 Committee of the Whole Meeting Minutes. Trustee Schroeder seconded. All “Aye;” None opposed. Motion carried by voice vote.
PUBLIC COMMENT: None.
ORDINANCE –CHAIRMAN TRUSTEE NANCY BELT. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT: None.
PUBLIC WORKS – TRUSTEE DAVID SCHROEDER
ENGINEER’S REPORT: None.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS: None.
1. Mr. Bryon Muraski returned to talk about a possible 9-1-1 Memorial at Baumann Park.
Mr. Muraski stated that what he is looking for from the Village is authorization to use Baumann Park for the site location, and if the Village is able and willing to donate any funds towards this memorial. Former Village Treasurer Karen Melloch did some research and found out that the Village could use some of the revenues from the village’s tourism account. Village President Jim Claeyssen will reach out to IML Risk Management and see if there would be any liability restrictions or how, if at all would affect the village’s liability insurance. Mr. Muraski will be put back on the agenda at the Committee of the Whole Meeting on December 9, 2019 and will bring a timeline for this project. Mr. Muraski would like to break ground on the memorial in the Spring and would like to do a ribbon cutting during the village’s 4th of July Celebration so that the memorial will be ready for visitors by the time September 11th comes around.
1. Project Updates:
• 138 Hogan St demolition has been completed. Restoration is still needed.
• Sidewalk repairs in Swanson Park have been completed.
• (17) Meters are left to install regarding the meter replacement program.
• Berm construction by Swanson Park should begin this week, weather permitting.
• 201 N. Cherry St cleanup – Small items have been removed. Two trailers are still left; dates are to be determined with Maggio’s Towing Services. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT: No Report.
EX-OFFICIO’S RECREATION BOARD REPORT:
Trustee Schroeder stated PUBLIC WORKS PASSES
PUBLIC SAFETY – CHAIRMAN TRUSTEE JEFF FUSTIN. UNFINISHED BUSINESS: None.
NEW BUSINESS: None. CHIEF’S REPORT: None.
FINANCE – CHAIRMAN TRUSTEE JEFF O’HARA.
1. After some discussion, Trustee O’Hara moved to send to the Village Board a motion to place the question of a 1% levy on the March 17, 2020 official ballots for the Village of Cherry Valley in Boone & Winnebago Counties, Illinois. Trustee Hollembeak seconded. All “Aye;” None opposed. Motion carried by voice vote.
1. Work Calendar for October:
a. Prepare Abatement Ordinances. (Not needed this year.)
CHAIRMAN’S REPORT: No Report.
ADMINISTRATION REPORT: Treasurer Maureen Gumowski delivered former Village Treasurer Karen Melloch’s last Administration Report. Report placed on file.
NEW BUSINESS: None.
PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT –CHAIRMAN TRUSTEE DAVID SCHROEDER.
1. Trustee Schroeder moved to send to the Village Board for approval for continuation of our contract with Retail Strategies with a renewal of three (3) years pending attorney approval. Village President Claeyssen seconded. All “Aye;” None opposed. Motion carried by voice vote.
Trustee Schroeder stated PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT PASSES
PERSONNEL COMPENSATION & BENEFITS – CHAIRMAN TRUSTEE SALLY HOLLEMBEAK.
1. The Monthly Health Insurance Report is placed on file.
Trustee Hollembeak states PERSONNEL BENEFITS & COMPENSATION PASSES.
Trustee Hollembeak moved that the meeting be adjourned at 7:49 PM. Trustee Belt seconded. All “Aye” none opposed. Motion carried by voice vote.