Public Building Commission of Chicago met Tuesday, Nov. 1.
Here are the minutes as provided by Chicago:
PUBLIC BUILDING COMMISSION Minutes of the Administrative Operations Committee meeting held November 1, 2016
The meeting of the Administrative Operations Committee of the Public Building Commission of Chicago was held in the 2nd floor Board Room at the Richard J. Daley Center on November 1, 2016 at 1:00 pm.
The following Committee members were present: Chairman Jose Maldonado Commissioner Arnold Randall Commissioner David Whittley
Also present were: Felicia S. Davis Raven DeVaughn Lisa Giderof Ray Giderof Art Del Muro Mary Pat Witry Bryant Payne Kathleen Galvin Patrice Doyle Elizabeth Scanlan Tanya Foucher-Weekley Anne Fredd, Neal & Leroy
The reading of the minutes of the September 26, 2016 Administrative Operations Committee meeting which were previously distributed, was dispensed with. Upon motion duly made and seconded the minutes were unanimously adopted.
Pursuant to Section 2.06(g) of the Open Meetings Act, a public comment period was held. No comments or statements were presented by any persons.
The AO Committee heard the following recommendations and reports from Raven DeVaughn the Director of Procurement.
• A report on the bid opening for Contract No. 1575 for the Thomas Hughes Children’s Library renovation project at the Harold Washington Library Center recommending Path Construction as the general contractor for the project.
• A specialty consultant task order issued to ECS Midwest, LLC for geotechnical services at the Daley College Advanced Manufacturing Center Project in the sum of $42,201.00.
• A specialty consultant task order issued to GSG Consultants Inc. for environmental renovation and demolition services at the CPL Early Learning Educational Investments Projects in the sum of $14,371.20.
The AO Committee heard the following recommendation from Art Del Muro the Managing Architect.
• A recommendation to approve an amendment to the Architect of Record agreement with the DLR Group in the sum of $44,700.00. The amendment represents design and engineering services required for additional work, including exterior security lighting, door replacement and decommissioning at the existing Anthony Wing at the Chicago Vocational Career Academy.
The AO Committee accepted the report provided by the Managing Architect.
Next the Director of Construction, Ray Giderof advised the committee that seven field orders were issued as follows; Southwest Area School / Contractor: C1565 K. R. Miller / Original Contract Amount: $35,987,000.00 / Approved Change Orders: $0.00 / Adjusted Contract to Date: $35,987,000.00
037 9/22/2016 $4,240.00 At the east and west gymnasiums, furnish and install (8) removable floor mounted volleyball pole sleeves in lieu of the specified ceiling mounted bucket sleeves. 038 9/22/92016 $10,222.08 Furnish and install 1-hour fire rated separation at (5) second floor slab opening locations. Total $ 14,462.08
Jamieson Elementary School Annex / Contractor: C1567 Old Veteran Construction/ Original Contract Amount: $12,989,000.00 / Approved Contract Change Orders: $0.00 / Adjusted Contract to Date: $12,989,000.00
034 10/13/2016 $(1,700.00) Delete the procurement and installation of 18 wireless access point devises from the contract (to be provided by owners). 037 9/252/2016 $3,900.00 Furnish and install control wiring between the annex ATS and the existing generator. Total $ 2,200.00
Canty Elementary School Annex / Contractor: C1568 Friedler Construction / Original Contract Amount: $13,262,800.00 / Approved Contract Change Orders: $450,622.42 / Adjusted Contract to Date: $13,713,422.42
031 10/6/2016 $9,268.06 Electric circuit revisions for door operators, eliminate heat detectors and associated infrastructure at the gymnasium attic space, furnish and install CO detectors in kitchen and mechanical room, and relocate electrical raceway in room 110. 037 9/22/2016 $8,228.25 Furnish and install wrought iron fencing south of the playground not included in the contract scope.
038 10/6/2016 $(5,843.58) Furnish and install ornamental iron fencing at gate west of the playground in lieu of specified fencing to maintain consistent fencing around project. Total $ 11,652.73
The Director of Construction made a recommendation to approve the following Change Orders:
• A recommendation to approve a change order for the Underground Low Voltage Service North Fiber Extension Project along the lakefront. The change includes a credit in the sum of ($4,317.00) to deduct unused contingency.
• A recommendation to approve a change order for the Chinatown Branch Library Project. This change order includes FF&E coordination, signage, AV brackets, power and cables in the community room, guardrails at the chiller well roof opening, additional motion detectors and a camera in the Children’s area as well as a credit for unused contingency. The change order is in the total sum of $63,896.87.
The AO Committee accepted the reports provided by the Director of Construction.
The meeting was adjourned.