Peru Public Services Committee tables discussion on airport's taxiway extension phase 2 project
Peru Public Services Committee met Monday, Jan. 30.
Here are the minutes as provided by Peru:
PUBLIC SERVICES COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES
DATE OF MEETING: Monday, January 30, 2017 TIME: 10:00 AM
PLACE OF MEETING: Peru Municipal Building
1901 4th Street, Peru, IL 61354
COMMITTEE MEMBERS PRESENT: Alderman Jim Lukosus, Alderman Mike Sapiens, Alderman Ballard and Mayor Harl. ABSENT: Alderman Waldorf Chairman
OTHER PERSONS PRESENT: City Clerk Dave Bartley, PSM Jeff King, ASM Doug Bernabei, Electric Department General Foreman Kye Kaszynski, Finance Officer Justin Miller, Alderman Potthoff, Mike Perry of Chamlin & Associates, Chris Perra of T.E.S.T. and Ashley Kostos.
Alderman Lukosus made a motion to approve the minutes of the January 16, 2017 Public Services Committee Meeting. Alderman Sapienza seconded the motion; motion carried.
Jim Pozzi of Republic Services gave a presentation on the services and benefits they offer. Some of the topics discussed were electronic recycling program, disposal containers, and community involvement.
WATER & SEWER
PSM Jeff King reported issues with the Arby’s lift station. Another pump was broke and the emergency pump may need to be used. Concrete was found which may be coming from one of the businesses in that area; once confirmed a meeting will be set up.
Chris Perra of T.E.S.T. reported well 7 needs a new motor control and some of the other wells may be getting soft starts. Some of the equipment to be replaces is approximately 20 years old and these items are in the budget.
STREETS & ALLEY
Alderman Lukosus made a motion to approve month rental of Terex forestry track and fecon head for $11,500.00. Alderman Sapienza seconded, all voted aye; motion carried. Electric Department General Foreman explained this truck will be used to clean out easements where growth is getting into high voltage.
Alderman Lukosus made a motion to approve low bid from Bell Lumber & pole Co. for 30-35’ Class 3 wooden poles in the amount of $7,290.00. Alderman Sapienza seconded, all voted aye; motion carried.
Electric Department General Foreman Kye Kaszynski reported there is an issue of cleanliness from a business’s dumpsters around the transformers.
Mike Perry of Chamlin & Associates discussed the Taxiway Extension Phase 2 Project and Engineering Service Agreement. Alderman Lukosus stated that Chairman Waldorf would like to further discuss this but was unable to attend today. The item was tabled.
PARKS & RECREATION
CODE ENFORCEMENT/ BUILDING & ZONING
Administrative Assistant Ashley Kostos provided the following project updates:
· CMOM Plan- weather has caused some delay in field work.
· 2017 General Fund- plan to finalize in February and go to bid in March.
· 2017 MFT- Proposing portion of Church Street and exploring options for maintenance or reconstruction.
· Peoria St. Phase 2- planning of the final stages is taking place and should be out to bid soon.
· St. John’s Storm Sewer- Currently in final engineering stage.
· Plank Road- on hold for winter.
· Tank Painting- on hold for winter.
· Mausoleum Rehab- out for bid; bid opening will take place on Wednesday, February 15th, 2017, at 2:00 p.m. There will be a pre-bid meeting at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, February 8th.
· Landfill Monitoring- out for bid; bid opening will take place Thursday, February 16th, 2017 at 10 a.m.
· Marathon Gas Demo- out for bid; bid opening will take place on Wednesday, February 22nd, 2017 at 10 a.m.
BUILDINGS & GROUNDS
PSM King announced the office at the cemetery will soon be cleaned up. He also stated the Fire Department’s roof needs to be replaced and it will be included in the new budget.
Mayor Harl discussed a letter from the City Attorney regarding a downtown building that is in need of repair.
Alderman Sapienza made a motion to adjourn the meeting; Alderman Ballard seconded.
Meeting adjourned at 10:50 a.m.
Organizations in this Story
1901 4th Street
Peru, IL - 61354